Friday, February 1, 2013

Playing with the queen of hearts

I think this is a very fitting first post for me.  I decided to make time today to do a version of Tim's tags.  I love Tim's Tags for the inspiration and ideas they provide.  This set of blueprint stamps has been staring at me for weeks and this was a good excuse to open it up and color on it.  I was a little afraid to try copics on the card stamp at first - they seem more distress marker appropriate, but I thought I would give it a try and love it! I must use the card stamp in the next copic class.


 Here are the basic steps I did.  I sprayed the tag with 2 shades of Tattered Angels glimmer mist (my pink and red distress stains must have grown legs and walked off somewhere!).  I then distressed the edge with Tim's distress tool and inked the edge with black ink.  I stamped the tag with the card stamp.  And also stamped 2 more times on regular white and x-press blend papers.  I cut the queen out of the xpress blend and colored with copics.  I attached her with rolled up glue dots onto the white card.  I then cut out the card out of white, colored the hearts with copics and inked with tea dye. oh and added a little stickles to the hearts. I used some Jenni Bowlin coredinations in black and red, as it was handy, and found a cute saying on the paper "fancied at first sight" in the red.  I embossed the black with craft core using a handwriting embossing folder.   I attached both using glossy accents.  I cut the "2" off the bottom of a 1/2 mini numeral and added to the bottom of the tag.  I used some Bazzill antique paper and some chit chat words to make my cash key.  Mine says "You and Me"  I used red twine to tie it to the tag - but I have to say I really needed the black and white paper string Tim used.  I also added a "kiss" word tag.  I did the same technique for the paper tape ribbon that tim did, but wanted more.  The last touch I added was to color silver tinsel twine with a combination of red pepper adirondak alcohol ink and ruby vintaj patina ink.   Below is a picture of some the supplies I used, but of course if you stop in the store I can show you in more detail!


Lesley


8 comments:

  1. Love your tag--the embossed elements are fabulous! So love your Queen!! She's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job on the tag. I'm so impressed that you actually have the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the stamp set and am struggling to find a decent replacement...mine is a bit twee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great tag. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take on Tims tag, love the saying at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete